Individual needed for janitorial and maintenance of a church facility. Individual should possess at least one year of general janitorial experience and verifiable maintenance knowledge. Position offers a 35-hour week, with flexible work week that includes weekends based upon event calendar.
The Custodian is responsible for the general cleaning and maintenance of the Church facility. This includes the sanctuary, offices, classrooms, fellowship hall, all restrooms, and gymnasium when church related activities occur in the area and the campus or outside grounds. The Custodian is also responsible for ensuring access to the church facility and that the facility is prepared for all scheduled events. The Custodian will, when necessary, take the van to the necessary site for the needed service or notify the appropriate person.
1. Lock and unlock facility when required.
2. Perform necessary maintenance repairs to church facility; for example, replacing doorknobs/locks, replacing bulbs on accessible lights, and other basic duties within scope.
3. Ensure adequate cleaning supplies are on hand; replace, restock toilet tissue, hand soap, paper towels etc. as needed.
4. Set up facility rooms, fellowship hall, etc. for scheduled activities.
5. Retain a copy of work activities for the records. Forms should be dated and timed.
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• Janitorial and Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.